This session will run from February 7th to 10th from 9 am to 12 pm (4 HALF DAYS)
You likely spend much of each day trying to negotiate agreements or resolve disputes of various kinds. These situations may involve your community members, service providers, Chief and Council, various levels of government, community organizations or others. Despite the importance of these discussions, few of us think about how we negotiate or try to learn ways to resolve conflicts effectively. Also, we sometimes enter a discussion with little preparation because we don’t have much time or we want to wait to see what the other person says first.
The Stitt Feld Handy Group specializes in interactive and engaging workshops on negotiation and dispute resolution.
The workshop will allow you to:
- learn a framework for negotiation;
- prepare for negotiations more effectively;
- develop techniques that will assist you to consistently achieve a “good” result;
- protect you better from hard-nosed bargainers;
- conduct negotiations with greater confidence;
- have a roadmap to help you resolve disputes involving other people; and;
- practice these skills with your colleagues in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
For more information, contact Alison Irons-Cummings firstname.lastname@example.org